OC-25

Civil Association Club of Juiz de Fora

1956

code

OC-25
hasPart 4

EMPTY LABEL

name
Civil Association Club of Juiz de Fora
description
Work executed by Portinari in collaboration with mosaicists José Moraes and Paulo Fonseca, in a project by architect Francisco Bolonha commissioned in 1952 by Associação Civil Clube Juiz de Fora to decorate part of the main facade of its headquarters, which became the first landmark of modernism in Juiz de Fora (MG) and one of the first in Minas Gerais. His proposal was to integrate the work to the modernist architecture of the building, built since 1949. Made with tiles from Osirarte (SP), it is a composition in blue and white tones. Contour lines, colored areas. Panel of tiles with a stylized three-leaf clover on each of them, against a background represented by irregular areas in three shades of blue and white. The clovers are outlined by colored or white lines depending on the tone of the background against which they are located. In the upper right half, a sinuous line in blue. It suggests the change of seasons based on the same element. reason why it received the name "Four Seasons". The panel measures 4.35 by 7.95 meters.
ownerStr
Obra executada para decorar a Associação Civil Clube de Juiz de Fora - Juiz de Fora, MG
notes
A tile panel (FCO2528 - part of the main facade). A panel of ceramic tiles (FCO2529 - side facade).
 
Lei de Incentivo à Cultura - Lei Rouanet
APOIO
PUC Rio Portinari
PATROCÍNIO
Enauta Itau
REALIZAÇÂO
 logo Projeto Portinari Ministério da Cultura